Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Coffeehouse observation No. 166

The educational system in this country is letting down a lot of people. A guy in empresso just now commented on my hat – Boston Red Sox cap – and I said that I had grown up in New England.
“Oh, really! I’ve heard there’s a lot of great music in the UK.”

“No, I grew up in NEW England. Not the UK.”

“What’s the difference?”

“New England. It’s made up of the states of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.”

“Oh …”

For crying out loud, people! New England and the Atlantic states are the R&D labs for this experiment called the United States of America. It is a hugely important part of this country.

Go to Coffeehouse Observer for more coffeehouse observations.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment