Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thank-you note to my scouting niece


The Girl Scout Cookies are freed from their bondage.
 [I received a fun package yesterday from my scouting niece Sophie. Actually, she is my only niece, but she is in a scouting organization, so she’s also my “scouting niece.” Regular readers may recall that I have lamented in the past that the packages my family sends me from time are full of sugary treats. At my age, who needs the extra pounds. Oy! So, I made my family promise to not send me any more sugary treats. But then the Girl Scouts – well, mostly their mothers – started hitting me up to help fill their cookie quotas. So, I had to send my sister a note to clarify that in no way was my earlier dictate to reflect the Girl Scout Cookie Season. That, I made it clear to her, was not the case. Girl Scout Cookies were OK for my diet. … I have a feeling I will be gaining a few pounds in the next few days. – KM]

Dear Sophie:
I received a package yesterday that you and Mommy sent to me. Inside were very yummy Girl Scout Cookies. I wanted to thank you very, very much. I am sure I will enjoy them. Thank you.
Now, I just have to decide which cookies to start with.
Love,
Uncle Keith
P.S. Please say “Hi” to your brother Max. I miss you both very much.

A package is opened.
A cookie is liberated.
The first bite …
And another ...
Just one more bite left …
And now my hand is free to grasp another cookie.


No comments:

Post a Comment