Friday, July 16, 2010

Coffeehouse observation No. 169

Small worlds come together in the coffeehouse. There is a woman at a nearby table talking to a guy and the conversation is about Mendocino on California’s North Coast and the area around Bridgeport, Calif., including the ghosttown Bodie and nearby Yosemite National Park.

My first job as a newspaper editor was in the town of Mendocino. I could stand up at my desk and look out onto the Pacific Ocean. I was paid horribly, but there were benefits to living in such a beautiful area.

And for years friends and I camped at a placed called Annette’s Mono Village on Twin Lakes just outside of Bridgeport. Annette’s is on the backside of Yosemite. Again, a beautiful, beautiful places.

Go to Coffeehouse Observer for more coffeehouse observations.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment