Thursday, June 24, 2010

Maine stuff in my California apartment No. 5


Two Maine magnets on my California frig.

This is an occasional multipart series of photos of things related to Maine that can be found in my California apartment. Today’s photo is of two refrigerator magnets. (Hey, they can’t all be grand.)

The one on the left is a miniature potato bag. (Fear not, no potatoes were harmed in the making of this blog.)

Potato farming is big in Maine. It was even bigger when I was a kid, I believe. I’m pretty sure farmers have moved to other crops such as sugar beats and soybeans over the years. My Mom sent me the potato bag magnet years and years ago in a Christmas or birthday package.

The other magnet is of Nubble Light in York, Maine. I know I didn’t visit Nubble Light or purchase the magnet and have no idea how I came to have the magnet. I have had it for years; it used to hang from a metal light shade above my desk when I worked at The Reporter in Vacaville, Calif. Not sure why I keep it around; it has no sentimental value, except perhaps because it is something from Maine. Well, something made in China from Maine.

This is an occasional multipart series of photos of things related to Maine that can be found in Keith Michaud’s California apartment. Keith Michaud shot today’s photos.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment