Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Commissioner of Maine’s IF&W responds to Down East blogger | DownEast.com

Commissioner of Maine’s IF&W responds to Down East blogger | DownEast.com

[I immeatedly thought two things after reading the letter from the IF&W commisssioner: 1) this is what happens when non-journalistically trained writers (meaning the Down East blogger) are let loose; and 2) media in Maine should have known better than to run with the allegations presented without doing a extensive vetting of theinformation. Shame on the blogger. Shame on media in Maine. For full disclosure, I have linked to Mr. Smith's blog in the past. Now I may not do it as frequently as I once had. ... I must say, one of the commissioner's lines was great. It included the phrase: "were nothing more than unsubstantiated coyote cries into the night." -- KM]

No comments:

Post a Comment